Restoring Your Central Illinois Commercial Property After A Water Damage Event
Commercial Water Damage Events Present Unique Challenges
Flooding and water damage events at Central Illinois commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Bloomington / Gibson City / S. McLean County
SERVPRO of Bloomington / Gibson City / S. McLean County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Does Your Central Illinois Home Have A Mold Problem?
In Central Illinois, mold can spread through a home in as little as 48 hours.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call SERVPRO of Bloomington / Gibson City / S. McLean County Today 309-827-7500
Asbestos Removal In Central Illinois
Asbestos Abatement In Central Illinois
For Your Central Illinois Property, SERVPRO Can Ensure Asbestos Abatement
When your home or business has been damaged by water, worries intensify if the structure includes materials containing asbestos. Many popular materials used to build, remodel and repair homes, particularly before the 1970s, may be manufactured with asbestos integral within the items or as a fire resistant coating. The long fibers of asbestos are a potential health hazard when airborne; SERVPRO technicians assess the possibility of exposure to this substance at every step in the process of fire and water restoration.
Some of the services we provide while inspecting and planning may have a low risk of spreading asbestos in central Illinois while others may raise serious concerns of significant movement of the fibers throughout your home environment. We are trained to follow federal protocols when dealing with asbestos.
Flooding, rain, and storms can bring significant moisture into the ceilings, walls, and flooring of your home. These items, as well as the insulation and ductwork that keep your home's interior comfortable frequently, contain asbestos. The adhesives holding tiles to a subfloor as well as roofing materials and window putties and glazing that may have tumbled into your home after a storm or other disaster also pose an asbestos risk. If the structural components are so water damaged that they cannot be restored it is possible that asbestos removal will be required and we are experts. Discovering that your water damage has now led to potential asbestos contamination is very stressful for you, the homeowner, and we are committed to guiding and supporting you at this difficult time.
As we work together on your water restoration process, the goal will be to ensure that the finished product brings your home back to its preloss condition without exposing you or your family to hidden risks because of asbestos on the premises. SERVPRO can handle the complexities of water damage that evolve into an asbestos abatement action while always focusing on restoring both your home and your peace of mind. After the asbestos is gone our staff will use experience and industry standards to bring your house back better than before, "Like it never even happened."
When the unexpected is complicated by preexisting risks like asbestos SERVPRO of Bloomington / Gibson City / S. McLean County stands ready to help with Asbestos Abatement. Call us at 309-827-7500 - 24/7 to set your complete recovery from disaster in motion.
We are an IICRC Certified Firm
Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm.
SERVPRO of Bloomington / Gibson City / S. McLean County is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Bloomington / Gibson City / S. McLean County
SERVPRO of Bloomington / Gibson City / S. McLean County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Meet Our Crew
Central Illinois Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Smoke and Soot Damage Can Cause a Pervasive Odor in Your Home.
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Bloomington / Gibson City / S. McLean County will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – 309-827-7500
When Storms or Floods hit Central Illinois, SERVPRO is ready!
Our highly trained crews are ready to respond 24/7 to storm or flood damage.
SERVPRO of Bloomington / Gibson City / S. McLean County specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Central Illinois, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 309-827-7500
SERVPRO of Bloomington / Gibson City / S. McLean County home page
SERVPRO of Bloomington / Gibson City / S. McLean County is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - 309-827-7500
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Bloomington / Gibson City / S. McLean County has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Bloomington / Gibson City / S. McLean County
SERVPRO of Bloomington / Gibson City / S. McLean County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Visit our water damage repair & restoration page
Follow These Mold Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold
Be careful! Without proper training, you could be spreading mold throughout your home.
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of [[Franchise Name]] for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Bloomington/Gibson City/S. McLean County specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today 309-827-7500
Visit our Mold Remediation and Restoration page here
BBQ Safety: Tips For Grilling
When the weather gets warmer, it’s always fun to gather with friends and family for an outdoor cookout. After all, nothing spells spring or summer like the smell of burgers, steaks, hot dogs and chopped veggies fresh off the grill – until something starts burning, that is.
While gas and charcoal grills are an easy way to cook up large amounts of delicious food, they can also pose a fire danger to your property and family. By following a few simple BBQ safety tips, you can prevent injury while keeping your home and surrounding property safe. Learn the most important grill safety tips from the experts at SERVPRO to keep your property out of harm’s way the next time you smoke, sizzle or sauté outside.
Practice Good Grilling Habits
Whatever kind of grill you use, there are a few simple things you can do to reduce your risk of fire or injury. Here are some basic grilling safety tips to follow:
- Set your grill up a safe distance away from structures and overhangs, including your main building, shed, garage, trees and other potentially flammable objects.
- Never use your grill inside, in a tent or under an outdoor awning or carport. Doing so can pose a serious fire hazard and potentially cause carbon monoxide poisoning if you’re using a gas grill.
- Light your gas or charcoal grill using special long-length lighters or long matches to avoid getting burned. Keep all ignition sources out of the reach of children.
- Never leave an actively burning grill unattended, and let your grill fully cool before you cover or store it.
- Clean your grill thoroughly and often to reduce flammable buildup inside.
Be Aware of Proper Charcoal Grill Safety
Many people swear by the taste of food cooked on a classic charcoal grill. This popular way of cooking is fun, but it also poses unique fire risks of its own. Keep these important BBQ safety tips in mind if you own or use a charcoal grill:
- Only add enough charcoal to cover the bottom of the grill. Don’t pile too much inside since it could cause ashes and sparks to become airborne, possibly catching nearby objects or even your home on fire.
- Store extra charcoal in a secure place away from other potential fire hazards, and preferably in an airtight metal container.
- Only use starter fluid specifically designed for charcoal. Apply it to cold coals only, and don’t add extra fluid once the grill is lit. Otherwise, the flames could get too high, resulting in possible burns or an uncontained fire.
- Empty your used ashes only when they have fully cooled. Never store or dispose of them in a garbage can or leave them on a deck. Even when cooled, ashes can still cause a fire. It’s best to dump them on garden soil or contain them in a metal receptacle for proper disposal.
Use your Gas Grill Wisely
Gas grills are convenient and easy to use, and require less refueling than charcoal grills. But gas grills are also susceptible to fire risks, so it’s important to be aware of how to properly operate your gas grill. Remember these safety tips if you own a gas grill:
- Open the lid before lighting the grill. This allows oxygen to escape and reduces the risk of fire or even explosion.
- Check your grill’s gas line and tank fittings regularly for leaks. You can do this by brushing soapy water around these areas. If you see bubbles emerge, there could be a leak somewhere. Replace any damaged/leaking parts and make any other needed repairs before using the grill.
- If you have spare gas cylinders, never store them under a stairway or the eaves of your home. Place them upright and outside, away from any structures to minimize fire risks.
- Turn off your grill using the controls first, then close off the gas line at the tank. This helps to ensure any excess gas can escape safely.
If you happen to experience a fire during BBQ season, the professionals at SERVPRO are always available to help. We hope you never need to make that call but if you do, we’re available 24/7/365 to assist you. Visit our Fire Damage Repair and Restoration page.
For Immediate Service in Bloomington, Pontiac, Gibson City and surrounding areas, Call SERVPRO 309-827-7500 or 815-844-3400
Bloomington, Normal, Pontiac, Gibson city, Central Illinois Residents: We provide immediate service day or night!
SERVPRO of Bloomington, Pontiac, Gibson City provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in Central Illinois. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7/365
309-827-7500 or 815-844-3400
Whether your Bloomington, Pontiac, Gibson City home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your Bloomington, Pontiac, Gibson City commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services:
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration